Friday, December 3, 2010

And Slowly It Goes...



I recently decided to begin writing my own music again.  It's been almost a year - or maybe a year and a half - since I suddenly halted production, so to speak, to be in the band I'm in now.  I know that it takes a lot of time, dedication, and money *shudder* to be involved in two different musical ventures, but I have to do what feels right in my heart (which is not always what seems right logically).  Right now, that means giving this thing a real go.  I've been getting prices together to start building a production station for writing at home.  Going to be pretty costly, but the end result is going to be fantastic.  I figure if I had a fully functioning production/writing area with modeling software, keyboards, guitars, etc. at my disposal, I'd almost never have to touch the ole PS2 out of boredom again.  I'm starting to wonder how the neighbors are going to react, though.  Writing music in an apartment building doesn't always work as well as one would hope.  I had a spurt of creativity one night so sudden that I couldn't wait and just write it down for later.  No, I had to work it out right then...at 1AM.  The relationship I had with this one was so passionate, I didn't realize how loud I was being at all.  Upon leaving the apartment the next day, lo and behold!  The most dramatic "quiet down" letter I'd ever received.  So.  Music at 1AM.  Bad.  Got it.

Practiced all the old songs today after work.  It felt great to release all of those familiar feelings again.  This road will hopefully be a long and fulfilling one.  
Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment