Friday, December 17, 2010

Good Times

Howdy.

Caitlin and I are having a blast this weekend with some great friends who're visiting us for a few days.  So great to have some company after being pretty much locked away in a cave for the past month or so.  We made pizza from scratch last night (the most delicious stuff EVER) and tonight we're having chili and garlic bread (also from scratch).  Also watching The Shining after realizing I've never seen it.  Don't judge, haters.

I realized today that confronting your problems head on can sometimes be surprisingly beneficial.  I was, shall we say, "disrespected" at work by my supervisor in front of some customers.  I know, right?!  To make a somewhat long story short, I let my supervisor know, later that day, that I didn't appreciate the unnecessary behavior (oh, so pleasantly), ESPECIALLY in front of customers.  Now, I'm honestly a little intimidated by this particular employee and I'm not one for confrontation, so confronting this person wasn't easy for me.  I thought I'd get yelled at, maybe written up, sent home, or perhaps backhanded.  To my surprise, my supervisor admitted that he was totally out of line, apologized about 3 times before I left, and promised to take the situation to heart.  A pleasant surprise, to say the least.   I could have easily just bottled it all up and constantly hated on my boss for...well...ever, but instead I barked back and solved things.  A nice change.  I'm not saying I'm going to go around telling people to shove it, but I think problems in general should be confronted instead of avoided.

Thanks for reading, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment